We are looking forward to a great day, and have a packed programme! We will hear from a selection of speakers who will help us celebrate what God has already been doing in Oxford, understand the needs of the city, and look ahead to how we may be able to work together for the good of our city.
Here’s an overview of the programme, to give you a taste of what to expect.
If you’re not yet booked your ticket, please do so soon as this will help us prepare for the catering and group workshops.
09.30 – Registration and coffee
10.00 – Session 1:
What has been happening in our city?
- Welcome (Steve Jones and Charlotte Pearson-Miles)
- Celebrating what God has done (Josh Kay and Matthew Chapman)
- Understanding the needs of the city (Memory Tapfumeneyi, David Munday, Joe Kidman)
What might city transformation look like?
- Building a city of Hope (interview, Marvin Rees)
- The story from Stoke on Trent (Lloyd Cooke)
11.15 – Coffee break
11.30 – Session 2
What can we do?
- How churches can work for the common good (Dr Russell Rook)
- Loneliness and Friendship (Joy Johnston and Sheridan Voysey)
12.40 – Lunch break (Lunch provided)
13.40 – Session 3
What will we do?
- Ideas for new initiatives (Rachel Smith)
Workshops: What will we do in each sector?
- Business and the workplace (Hosts: Sanjay Mahtani)
- Creativity: the arts and media (Host: Lola Chapman)
- Health and social care (Host: Esther Park)
- Education and young people (Host: TBC)
- Vulnerably children (Host: Rachel Smith)
14.40 – Session 4
- Looking to the future
- Worship and prayer
15.00 – End